Types of Tile Roofing
When exploring options for a tile roof, you'll find a variety of choices in terms of style, durability, function, and longevity. It's important to note that not every type of tile roof suits every home. Additionally, if you're looking for roof repair near me in Wheaton, be aware that not every Wheaton roofing company may be equipped to work with all tile types.
- Metal tiles are similar to standard metal roofing in terms of function but they offer more style, as they can be made in different shapes. These tiles can actually be made to look like clay, slate, or other roofing materials, so a roof installation Wheaton is easily done.
- Copper tiles are very durable and can last over 100 years, even as it withstands very difficult weather conditions. The tile version of this roofing material is quite versatile to fit with any home style, so roofing contractors Wheaton should be quite familiar with the process.
- Stone tiles come in a variety of colors and can last for over a century. They have been around a very long time, although it is imperative that any slate tile roofing installation is handled by contractors who are experienced with this type of material for the best results. Note that stone tiles like slate are very expensive, which is why they are not commonly used.
- Ceramic tiles offer excellent fire resistance and good durability. They have become more widespread in recent years and are not strictly for southern style or Mediterranean homes anymore as they come in different styles and colors that many roofing companies Wheaton offer.
- Polymer-Sand tiles are a mixture of sand and polymers and in most cases, are most suitable as an alternative to ceramic tiles. They offer more durability than ceramic and require almost no maintenance. Although they may be difficult to find, as not many local roofing companies Wheaton, or even around the country, can supply them, they look like ceramic tiles but with limited style options.
- Composite tiles feature acrylic, metal, and stone in a multi-layered tile. They offer a natural look in that they appear like slate and clay but have less weight. Although, a reinforced roof is still required for proper roof installation.
- Bituminous tiles offer a very light tile roofing option that makes for a very easy roof installation Wheaton. They are comprised of fiberglass coated with basalt chips or granite. As they only require an adhesive during installation, the chance of leaks is reduced and they make for a simple roof installation process that any professional roofer can handle.
- Concrete tiles are not as prone to breaking like ceramics but they do have a similar appearance. In a mixture of cement, sand, and water, the tile is heavy and easy to install. Concrete tiles are also less costly than slate but they do need a reinforced roof to carry the weight.
Benefits of Tile Roofing
Tile roofing installation Wheaton provides a range of styles based on the material used, so you can achieve the look you want for your home from this type of roof. Each of the types of tile roofing is very durable and can withstand all kinds of inclement weather for a very long time. As well, they provide excellent protection from water leaks on a low maintenance and enduring roof, so you will not have to deal with a leaking roof repair Wheaton very often.
The Downside of Tile Roofing
Even though tile roofing materials can make a home look great and offer the highest level of protection from rain, snow, and hail, a major cause for concern is the cost. Each of the tile roofing options available is quite expensive, which is a reason for homeowners to overlook them, so if you’re looking for affordable roof installation Wheaton, this may not be your best choice.
When selecting tile roofing solutions, it's important to consult with a "roofing company near me in Wheaton" to ensure your home's structure can support the weight. This evaluation is vital as reinforcing the roof, if needed before installation, could affect the overall safety and impact the final costs.
Making the Choice Between Shingles and Tiles for Your Roof
As you can see, there are some big differences between shingles and tiles that you need to think about for your roof replacement Wheaton. Shingles are much cheaper than any of the tiles available and they serve to protect your home quite adequately from water penetration. However, they will likely require more frequent roof repairs or even replacement from your local roofing contractors Wheaton.
Conversely, tile roofing is much more durable in that it can provide lasting protection for over a century in some cases, with limited maintenance. That comes with a much higher cost for your roof installation. At the same time, most tile roofing options are much heavier than shingles, which requires roof reinforcement. Between the added cost of that reinforcement and the already higher cost of tile roofing, it can get very expensive for this type of roof replacement Wheaton.
When deciding on your ideal roofing, whether it's shingle or tile, gathering complete information is crucial. Reach out to professional "roofing companies near me" to discuss the best roofing style or material for your home.